ed.jpg
health.jpg
activity-adult-bait-blur-294674.jpg
hiring-4074021_1280.png
TableRockNC.jpg
140297362_8c921d0262_b.jpg
Court_House,_Lenoir,_North_Carolina.jpg
Burke_County_Courthouse,_Morganton,_NC.j
5db9adec62836.image.jpg

EDWARDS' STANCE ON THE ISSUES

Education 

During this COVID-19 Pandemic, parents are juggling both work and teaching their children at home. Many parents are experiencing, for the first time, what it is like to teach their own children, not a full classroom. This experience has created a new-found appreciation for teachers, that needs to continue long after this Pandemic is over.


Teachers deserve a living wage that is appropriate for their experience, education and role in our community. North Carolina is not providing this. It is obvious that many District residents do not have access to high speed internet.  This leaves our children at a disadvantage, unable to access information and complete schoolwork.  Every child, no matter their neighborhood or socio-economic status should be able to complete their schoolwork and have access to every advantage for a brighter future.

Once elected, I will make it a priority to increase broadband internet access across the state, work toward improving our public school buildings, as well as increasing teacher pay.  Together we will help bring back North Carolina’s prominence in education. 

Medicaid Expansion

Medicaid expansion is vital to the people of North Carolina, and especially Avery, Burke and Caldwell counties, the 46th NC Senate District. Medicaid expansion will fill in the gap for the hard working people of this district, some of whom work 2 and 3 part-time jobs just to make ends meet, without money left over to pay for private insurance. They have too much income to qualify for Medicaid as it is now, and these families are falling through the cracks in our healthcare system.

      Medicaid Expansion would make healthcare attainable for 9,960 residents of Avery, Burke and Caldwell counties, and would bring with it 780 new jobs in total. In addition, Medicaid expansion would give 23,000 North Carolina Veterans healthcare insurance. Most people do not realize that not all veterans qualify for VA health benefits and are left to fend for themselves. 

   The federal government has already committed to funding 90% of the cost, while hospitals have agreed to cover the remaining 10%. 37 other states (including DC) have already passed Medicaid Expansion and North Carolina needs to be next.  This is why Medicaid Expansion is the right thing to do for North Carolinians.

   Once elected, I will work diligently to see that the hardworking families of Avery, Burke and Caldwell counties have the healthcare coverage they deserve. No one should have to choose between food on the table and healthcare. 


Second Amendment Rights

As a gun owner himself, Edward is a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment. He believes in strong, responsible, and enforceable gun laws. He wants to help close the "boyfriend" loophole, where domestic abusers are often able to purchase and own weapons. This loophole often leads to further endangering the lives of the domestic violence victims. 

Term Limits 

Edward is a strong supporter for Congressional term limits, and believes that having term limits would help cut down on the amount of corruption that has continued for decades, often by the same politicians for years on end.

 
 
  • Facebook

©2020 by My Site. Proudly created with Wix.com